Salman Rushdie

"A poet's work is to name the unnamable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world and to stop it from going to sleep."

Salman Rushdie

WHAT IF I DIE

WHAT IF I DIE
(A)

you might have expected from me
beautiful, lovely red roses
to cherish our love


but all I can get you
at the cost of my blood
is only a bunch of thorns

(B)

it's not like i do not want
to see the reflection of your dream
in my own eyes

Understand me baby I am but a bird
trapped seriously inside a cage
it's only my hope that flies




(C)

The sun doesn't wait
for my eyes to be open
when it shines

The moon says she'll accompany me
I realize she has lips
she too lies


(D)

I know well baby
everything will run as it is
and nobody will cry

don't be polite. please don't lie
tell me exactly how you'll feel
today if i die

No comments:

Post a Comment