Salman Rushdie

"A poet's work is to name the unnamable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world and to stop it from going to sleep."

Salman Rushdie

The Lady With The Dog

The Lady With The Dog
Everytime I go to my junction
To my friends to smoke some weed
I see this lady following me
After her dog clutching its chain

Everytime I inhale the smoke
Take its full trip and then expel
I see this lady looking at me
Her eyes saying no more please.

Unmercifully I ignore her request
And go on smoking more
This lady is very queer
She won't step out of the door.

I smoke and smoke and smoke again
Until I finally, totally get stoned
Still I see this lady in front of me
This makes me want to smoke even more.

The dog is lonely today
Its mistress exists no more
She left the world long ago
To go into another world

My friends don't talk about her anymore
Maybe because they don't see her
Or it may be because
For me only she appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment