Salman Rushdie

"A poet's work is to name the unnamable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world and to stop it from going to sleep."

Salman Rushdie

She'll One Day Understand

She'll One Day Understand
Tall as a mountain
Deep as the sky
                         from blood
                                          and from the tongue
She will comprehend
                                and internalize
Not just compliment and advise
                                                my thoughts and conducts


My time demands a leader.
Why follow?
                   -Those who are confused
                                                          from within
                                                                           and without.
When there is no shepherd
And my fellow sheeps are being misled
She,
       Beautiful as a Rhodendern,
       Innocent as the Kaamdhenu,
Will understand my struggle to unite
And lead with a vision
Of not only five years
                                 but of coming thirty-five.


People search for Euta Manis
And I feel like I am him
So why not try?

She senses the heat of my boiling blood
That asks for change.
                                 Now change!
So she understands I am him
And our time needs a lot of me's
Who live change
                         Not just advocate.
--------------------
Though she is a woman
Who fancies a sweet home
                                         Deluxe and delightful living
She will one day understand
He is Me
              One of the Euta Manis
And will let go.


So,
I am to fight for the change
My failure won't mean my cause were unworthy
Each day Guevara says to me.

And even if I rested before the dusk
Didn't wake up tomorrow morning
There will be she to remember my name,
Of what I dremt-
A land
           Wise, Prosperous and Happy
           Where her children be raised.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment