Salman Rushdie

"A poet's work is to name the unnamable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world and to stop it from going to sleep."

Salman Rushdie

FOR MY LONELY FRIEND


FOR MY LONELY FRIEND

High, up above the sky
there lives a little friend of mine
who's been exiled from the kingdom of heaven
and been abandoned to live there alone,
for she had stolen the light
before a long long time...


She appears smiling each dusk
and accompanies me till the dawn.
Now and again she is always hiding her pain
but my eyes can se through her skin.
We've been together for all our lonely lives
feeling sorry for the way we live
our aimless, insignificant lives...


I feel so sorry for the way she lives.
If only i could go and embrace her
But there is no road that leads me to her
and my wish seems impossible
till the happiest day of my life
when my soul flies to the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment